It has been another fantastic year for Athletic Australia's Sporting Schools Program, with the highest ever number of programs conducted (1012 in total). This amazing effort could not have been achieved without the hard work of the many accredited athletics coaches and teachers who took part.
Looking ahead to Term 1 2019, the Sporting Schools Funding is now open. With increased demand, schools applying for Sporting Schools funding will now need to meet criteria and complete their funding applications early.
Athletics Australia encourage all accredited IAAF Kids’ Athletics and Active Athletics coaches to communicate and approach their local Primary and Secondary Schools to apply and select Athletics prior to the funding closure on Friday 23rd November 2018.
Funding applications are to be submitted online via the Sporting Schools Portal at https://sportingschools.gov.au/funding
Athletics Australia is delighted to provide in partnership with Coles, the IAAF Kids Athletics Activity Booklet to all students participating in the Term 3 and Term 4 2018 Coach Delivered programs.
The Activity booklet and learning activities address the Australian Curriculum HPE focus areas of food, nutrition and health benefits of physical activity, and continues students experience and learning beyond program delivery, with:
- Varied informational activities catering for all grades,
- Developing knowledge of food and nutritional benefits of healthy eating,
- Extended learning opportunities to investigative how students can contribute to their health through nutrition and physical activities
The Activity Booklet also includes:
- The Athletics Australia IAAF Kids Athletics Participation Certificate, and
- Further information for students wishing to continue with the sport of Athletics
Finally, the booklet includes a COMPETITION to have Coles ambassador’s Sally Pearson or Brandon Start attend their school in 2019.
Further information on the booklet and competition can be found on the following page: http://athletics.com.au/SportingSchools